Day 1 with with Isabel (they call her "Ya Ya") has been amazing.
She is so very easy going!
When i suggested changing her clothes since the room was so very hot, she was thrilled to see her new clothes to put on. When I tried to put some of her many layers back on later to walk to the nearby Walmart in search of shoes for her, she took one look at the old clothes and said "I'm not cold...I don't need to wear those." SHe didn't mind, however, wearing an extra layer of *new* clothes to stay warm outside!
She is eating well--and eating normally without hoarding food--and played most of the afternoon with us,coloring, playing with a ball, going for walks (counting stairs), and beginning to talk and relax quite a bit.
She seems to us to be cognitively and developmentally normal...counting into the 20s, copying shapes tom drew for her, interacting appropriately, displaying normal gross and fine motor skills. Not really knowing what to expect, we were prepared for much less.
She played happily in the bath tonight and read through her photo album with Tom before we skyped with the girls and Grammy at home. Fun to see her smiling at her big sisters...we hope to catch Jared Monday evening EST...
Now we are settling in for sleep...we'll see hhow the night goes. Hoping it is a smooth and easy as the day has been!
I promise tomorrow I'll figure out a way to post some pics here...too tired now.
No comments:
Post a Comment