Just a short update tonight so I can get dome sleep while Lilly is sleeping.
What amazing strides Lilly made today! Thank you for your prayers on her behalf--our God is mighty and strong and more than able! Today, Lilly moved from taking baby steps to taking giant leaps in her recovery. It has been exciting to see her progress, and put her spunk and strong will into action when required.
The short version--she now only has her 3 drains and a pulse ox monitor attached to her. She is eating and drinking more and staying awake most of the day now. She got out of bed today, took a few steps supporting her own weight, sat in a chair leaning on a little table while we did puzzles and played games in the playroom, and made it clear many times throughout the day that she wants to go home and be back in her comfy bed.
I need to sleep, but just had to say thanks for your prayers. And thanks for all the fun e-cards! They bring a smile to her face. Today, while reading the card from her "future husband" she even giggled. Music. It is so good to see glimpses of our happy girl after so much anxiety and pain.
I also have to give kudos to my mom, my big kids at home, and especiallyy man. I cannot imagine going through all of this without you all.
Praising God with you for such a good report! The Lord has brought Lilly to mind consistently. Rest well...Brenda
ReplyDelete