Thursday, February 3, 2011

Safely in Philly with Lilly

It has been quite a day--travel days always are--but Lilly and I are safely in Philly, hanging out in the playroom of the Ronald McDonald House after a lovely Chinese New Year's dinner provided by volunteers here. I am so grateful for the RMcDH! Tom is still en route as I type, after his flight out of Atlanta was cancelled. Thankfully, he is able to make it in late tonight.

Tomorrow will be an early and full morning, and Lilly starts fasting as of 11pm tonight. Tomorrow begins with a consult in anesthesia, followed by a consult with Dr. Campbell, and then an MRI under general anesthesia. The caveat is Lilly's nasty lingering cough...they may opt to postpone the MRI if the are concerned about her cough and breathing. We shall see in the morning.

I have to mention that we have the most wonderful friends! Lilly has been showered with love, travel toys, snacks, cuddly plush toys, crayons, and so many other thoughtful and sweet tokens of love. We are truly blessed.


Meanwhile, Nana is caring for Anna whose tummy continues to ail her...hoping that both physically and emotionally she is feeling perky again soon. I suspect that, despite our efforts to keep life as normal as possible, she is anxious.

Nana managed to troubleshoot several tv and computer issues on her own today--GO NANA! That will be an even bigger challenge than illnesses I suspect.

Jared is rolling along just fine, happy as longas he still gets to see his friends and someone feeds him.

Thanks for all the prayers being offered for Lilly! And thanks for reading.

Jared appears

1 comment: