Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Re-entry

So we reenter normal life on Monday evening, and the first thing to get neglected is what?  Yes, the blog.  In case you have been waiting with baited breath by your computer, waiting to read my next post, I apologize.  But yes, we're home!  And yes, we sadly ahad to say goodbye to Pop Pop yesterday as he flew back to be with Grammy in New Jersey (I know she's happy to have her laundry-man and dishwasher loader and emptyer back!) 

Today, Lilly went back to Happyland preschool (with ambivalent feelings...I think she was anxious about going back after being away for more than a week), and I went back to my regular routines yesterday.  Teaching spin, doing laundry, cleaning the house, cooking...)  She is feeling great, her stitches look really good (but don't try to look at them if she's aware you're doing so...a little protective--might I even say embrarrased?--of her stiches).  One of the issues she mentioned as we drove to school this morning is that she didn't want all her friends to see her stitches.  I was surprised to hear her say that--didn't realize she was that aware of them or self-conscious about them.  I am interested to see how thigns went at school. 

I suspect that, the older she gets, the more this whole issue of being "different" or having a reason to receive lots of attention might be hard for her--she was getting LOTS of attention when we got to school because everyone was SO happy to see her.  Kids and teachers alike really were thrilled to see her back already.  But I think it is overwhelming to her to have so much attention so I am praying for wisdom how best to help her handle it and make the people around us sensitive to it as well, when needed.

Jared and Anna seemed to do great with POp Pop (though ANna admitted a reluctance to share the emotional ups and downs of her days at school with him...decided she is a "mommy" kind of girl at dinner last night), and I was amazed how much of the food I had left for them was still in the house when we returned.  I'm not telling any secrets about where Pop Pop found sustenance this week!  I was really impressed, however, to find that Pop Pop had vacuumed the hosue several times, done all of our laundry, filled my car with gas, and even got up early to make Jared a hot breakfast before his 6:20am departure for cross-country practice.  More than I do! 

We are SO very grateful for the help that Pop Pop gave, and we are also really appreciative of all of the prayers offered on Lilly's behalf this week.  We are so thankful for the good outcome.

So now LIlly's medial records are being sent up to CHOP for Dr. Campbell's review, and we wait to hear what the next steps might be for Lilly in preparation for her VEPTR surgery.  STay tuned! 

Back to normal life for me!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you amy for thinking of us during your chaotic journey. I know I am so happy to hear how well this 1st step has gone for you and will continue to pray for things to go just as smoothly in the following steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving thanks Amy that you guys are home and everything went so smoothly last week. I will be so grateful to re-enter my normal next week...although I know it will be a crazy normal!
    Love and Prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete