Friday, January 15, 2016

Hello, I'm Amy....and I Used to Blog.

For someone who loves to write, who finds release from the process of putting abstract thoughts and vague emotions into words on a screen, and who thrives on opportunities to reflect on life, love, and the Lord, I have surely been quiet.

My blog posts have gradually tapered from when I would blog regularly on all things, to the point where I would use the occasion of one of Lilly's biannual surgeries to take some time to write, to now barely even chronicling annually.

A previous version of Amy would have viewed this as a failure.  Letting down my readers, perhaps. Or shamefully leaving something I *should* be doing undone or only partly done.

An older and more mature version of Amy has come to accept my lack of blogging as the result of a full life with other priorities and a finite amount of time and energy.

Not only is life full and time scarce, sometimes life's circumstances produce so much to ponder and consider, the mental process of distilling and writing escapes me.

And truly, that's where I've been for about a year now.  Pondering many things up in my heart. Processing things in a way that really doesn't allow for a conscious understanding or neat and tidy distillation.  

But. But but but.  I sense a calling to write again.  There are words inside of me that I haven't yet found, but they are getting ready to organize themselves and flow from my fingers onto a screen.  I feel it.

So, in this new year, I hope to allow for enough quietness in my heart and mind and soul to let those words find their way.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment