Monday, January 30, 2012

Consulate Appointment Confirmed!

This is really happening, folks. 

We are officially a part of Travel Group #1824, and will be headed to China in less than two weeks.  We will be meeting Isabel Faith exactly two weeks from TODAY!  Wow! 

Here's a little reminder of what we are looking forward to seeing:

I am SO ready to give this sweet girl a hug and share a smile in person!  I'm hoping we'll get to see some of her beautiful smiles upon meeting her, but preparing myself for the real possibility that she'll be terrified of us and need some time before the smiles return...


I am working on finalizing our itinerary now, but is will likely look like this: 

  • 10 February:  depart Dulles for Beijing, arriving the evening on Saturday the 11th.
  • 12 February: head to Zhengzhou, provincial capital of Henan Province (same city where we met Lilly) with our travel group (who will have already spent a few days touring Beijing--we're skipping it this time)
  • 13 February:  meet Isabel!  Begin the bonding process...
  • We will have a few days in Zhengzhou to process her passport application, then head to Guangzhou for her medical exams and her visa paperwork.
  • 23 February:  Consulate Appointment in Guangzhou, where we'll take our oath.
  • 24 February: Receive Isabel's immigrant visa.
  • 25 February:  Arrive home to begin the adventure of being a family with 4 children, including virtual twins.
We are also working on our line-up of awesome family members willing and ready to come stay with Jared, Anna, and Lilly while we're gone.  I think it's going to be one big party at our house while we're gone! 

Later I'll share some reflections on the many thoughts, fears, and emotions I'm full of...for now I'm off to try to focus on the daily tasks--like laundry and walking the dog--that don't seem to care that we are getting so close to a monumental family event.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Amy! My heart is so happy for you all! It occurs to me that your Isabel will become a Cantilina during the Valentine's season. Although I generally view V-Day as an over-commercialized and silly holiday, I've challenged myself this year to spend the Valentine's season reflecting up and teaching my boys about God's great love for us. What a beautiful example of God's love you all are! I am looking forward to reading all about Isabel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! I will be praying for you to have safe travels and all of God's graces and peace as you meet your precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amiee! SOO appreciate your prayers! May your process continue to go smoothly! Where are you guys at with it now?

      Delete
  3. Praying for your family completely...our daughter Aimee is from Zhenghou, she was at Swallows Nest.

    ReplyDelete