I was just struck this morning with the many different things for which I am extremely thankful. So, in the vein of Thankful Thursday on a Tuesday, it's "Tank-full Tuesday" because I am thankful and the tank of my heart is full of gratitude.
- Jared survived his 3-week stay at SALT--where the boys were challenged physically, emotionally, and spiritually. He learned a lot, made some good friends, and rose to the occasion for the many challenges they threw at him. And it's so good to have him home again, bug-bitten and weary as he is.
- Lilly and Isabel are, most of the time, really a lot of fun together. They crack each other up and when they smile at one another, my heart melts. Even though we are working on behaviors and attitudes in many areas with each of them, I am thankful these sweet little girls get to grow up together.
- Anna is maturing and is becoming a hard worker at home and a helper at church. She is helping the preschool teacher for this week's vacation Bible school at church and is really enjoying it. She is also enjoying her summer league swim team which is a little bit less intense than her year-round team. She is dropping time on all of her swims and is one of the fastest girls in her age group, which is a nice change from being middle-of-the-pack during the winter season.
- I am thankful for healthy bodies and minds, for an extended period of an infection-free Lilly, for a church family where we are making new friends and hearing solid Biblical preaching, for neighbors who are friendly and fun and helpful.
- I'm thankful for a partner in Tom--for shared love, vision, and commitment. Even though our lives are so full and time for us to be alone or "date" is limited, I am thankful for the fact that Jared and ANna are old enough and responsible enough (and Bella is comfortable enough already) for us to head out to run quick errands or grab a quick bite together now and then.
- I'm thankful for our families and the upcoming opportunities we're going to have to spend time with each of them this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment