Despite the fact that it's still August and temperatures here in Niceville Florida are still mostly in the 90s during the day, we are fully immersed in our fall schedule and things are rolling along pretty well for the most part. Forgive me for not posting first day of school photos back when it was the first day of school, over 3 weeks ago! That just goes to show you that, once school starts, life gets pretty hectic again! So here are the photos from the first day of 8th grade for Jared and 5th grade for Anna...
Just as we went to head up the hill to school the skies let loose...good thing we had an umbrella handy! (Thanks, Aunt Judi, for Anna's 1st day of school outfit that you shopped with her for! It is her fav this year)
So, now that school us back underway (so far so good for both Anna and Jared), most of the fall schedule has also kicked right back in. Anna is back at the pool after a few weeks off from swim team, Jared's cross-country practices are in full swing every day before school (he looks like this while waiting for his carpool to arrive in the morning)...
And last week, AWANA started back up. Lilly and I are back in Cubbies, which, so far, looks like it will be a fun year!
Since Lilly hasn't started back to preschool yet (she'll start 3-days a week of VPK after Labor Day at Happyland Preschool again this fall), she and I have been finding fun things to do with our days at home together. We hosted our second annual "Big Kids are Back in School, Little Kids Rule the Pool" party and had a blast with our friends in our backyard. We have been visiting playgrounds and water parks, and just hanging around the house playing, too.
Check out this video from a day at the splash park!
Now that Tom is done with his Air War College, he is simply focusing on his work, which, in and of itself, is more than a full time job! It is nice that his weekends are now more his own and we can do some fun family activities.
I did my first triathlon in a few years this past weekend, and--although I did my best time and placed 3trd in my age group--I spent nearly an hour in an ambulance after the race recovering after getting severaly overheated to the point of dilirium. I nearly passed out and did succomb to nausea several times...I hope I never ever feel that miserable again in my life! Thankful, however, for a healthy body and for the fun of competition and physical challenges! And for the beauty of God's creation! The Gulf was absolutely beautiful that morning though the surf was rough. Here's a link to a photo of the race--I am near the camera in the black and red, just getting started into the water after the "GO!" for my starting wave of the swim.
And here are just a few fun shots...Lilly took good care of Tad and gave him her blankie yesterday...
Lilly loves to swim...in the pool, in the tub, you name it. Her bouyancy is not what it would be for most 4-year-olds since she is missing a significant amount of lung volume, but that doesn't stop her!
Speaking of lungs, finally here is an update on where we are with Lilly and her medical care. Tomorrow (Tuesday the 24th) we will visit a pediatric neurosurgeon in Birmingham, Alabama to review her MRI and CT scans from CHOP. He will be evaluating her spinal cord and determining whether she is fit to proceed with the VEPTR surgery her orthopedist at CHOP is preparing to undergo with her. The neurosurgeon might need to do an initial surgery on her spinal cord to make it safe to proceed to straighten her spine. I am eager to hear what he has to say and to then have a better sense for next steps. I am just praying that he will have eyes of discernment as he looks at her films, and that communication and coordination fo Lilly's care will proceed at a smoother and quicker pace than it has for the past 6 months or so...
Stay tuned...I'll post an update soon after we are back.
No comments:
Post a Comment